SBI PO 2017 is the national Level Exam for the recruitment of the Probationary Officer under the banner of the State Bank of India. Every Year, a large number of the aspirants participate in the recruitment of Probationary Officer in the State Bank of India The SBI select candidate for Junior Management Grade-1 (JMG-Scale 1) Officer. Generally, the PO is often called as a scale-1 officer in SBI. Basically, he is the assistant manager in SBI for their respective branches in each state. The SBI PO manage all the work regarding management of state bank of India. The SBI PO 2017 exam is comprised of three phases: Prelims examination, main examination, and interview round. After qualifying all the three phases of the exam, Candidates can get the job into SBI as PO at the Junior Management level Post. Due to the change in exam pattern, Candidates needs to do plan strategy for the exam. In this post, we will share tips and planning strategies to crack SBI PO 2017 exam efficiently and conveniently.
The SBI PO 2017 exam is comprised of three phases: Prelims examination, main examination, and interview round. All the three phases have different exam pattern and syllabus. We will convey you planning strategy with the important topic for each section. Let us start with the SBI PO 2917 Preliminary examination.
SBI PO 2017 preliminary exam: This is the first exam in the recruitment process of SBI PO. In order to proceed with the selection procedure, you must have to clear this round. This phase is consist of Quantitative aptitude, Logical Reasoning, and Basic English language skill.
Important topics for SBI PO preliminary exam Quantitative Aptitude Section:
This section includes the objective type mathematical questions to check your numerical ability. You need to start to learn basic concepts. Make concepts clear and gradually practice as much as you can. Memorize all the important shortcut tricks/ techniques. This exam has sectional cut-off as well as a total cut off. In order to get shortlisted, you have to get minimum cut off the score. Some of the important topics for the exam are:
Number System, Fraction, Ration & Proportion, Time & Work, Simple Interest & Compound, Interest, Percentage, Profit & Loss
Average, Time & Distance, Mensuration, Data Interpretation, Partnership
Tips for Quantitative Aptitude:
- Firstly, learn all the concepts thoroughly.
- Secondly, Test yourself. You can take a mock test to analyze your speed and accuracy.
- Thirdly, after analyzing the test. You will get to know the topics in which you are weak. Concentrate more on that topic and try to improve yourself.
- The best tip for the quantitative aptitude is the practice.
- To maintain your speed and accuracy, you must have to practice questions.
- Try to solve questions which had come in exam many times.
- Don’t go for the hard topics. First sort out the easy to the moderate topic. Remember you have to cover maximum topics in order to get maximum marks.
- Do not give your all time to any one question.
- Whenever you solve the question in practice, try to solve it in the time limit.
Important topics for SBI PO preliminary exam logical reasoning
This section includes the objective type logical reasoning questions to check your reasoning ability and presence of mind. You need to start from learning basic concepts. There are many shortcut keys available on the internet, you can save time by using them. Some important topics for the logical reasoning are:
Series Problem, Ranking, Classification, Data Sufficiency, Coding – Decoding, Directions, Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, Blood Relation, Analogy.
Tips for Logical reasoning:
- Firstly, collect all the materials regarding each topic.
- Secondly, learn the tricks for solving reasoning question.
- Do not give your total time on one question.
- Test yourself to analyze your mistake.
- Refer good books i.e. Arihant’s, Paramount, and RS Agarwal.
- Practice question in order to achieve accuracy.
Important topics for SBI PO preliminary exam English language skill
This section is to judge your English language skill. Nowadays, in all recruitment process English test is mandatory. This is to check your fluency on the official language. Some important topics to clear this section:
Basic English language skill
Para Jumbles, Synonyms & Antonyms, Vocabulary, Cloze Test, Fill in the Blanks, Grammar, Comprehension, Error Correction.
Tips for English language skill
- Firstly, enhance your vocabulary. Learn at least 20 words each day.
- Read newspaper this will help you to give writing skills and sentence formatting.
- Also reading a newspaper will make you update on daily news.
- Improve sentence structure and Study tenses well.
- Refer good grammar book i.e. Oxford Grammar tree.
TIPS AND PLANNING STRATEGIES FOR SSC PO 2017 PRELIMINARY EXAM
- Make sure to cover all the important topics.
- You have to dedicate at least 6 to 8 hours for the preparation of SBI PO 2017.
- Before going on to next topic, review the previous one.
- Analyze yourself after learning every new concept.
- On the day of the examination, do not waste your time one question. Attempt all the question.
- It is strictly advised to keep in mind that you have to score maximum, do not stuck over the question which is hard. There are many tricky questions appear in the exam, to engage you in unnecessary chaos.
- There is sectional cutoff try to maintain that.
- Speed and accuracy are the two factors which will lead you to success.
- There will be ¼ negative marking for each wrong answer.
- Make your hand written notes. This will help you in memorizing fast.
These are the tips and planning strategies for the Preliminary exam of SBI PO 2017.In this, we had covered the important topics for each section. Also, we had described important tips and planning strategies to clear the preliminary exam. Now let us move on to the main exam SBI PO 2017.
SBI PO 2017 Main exam: After qualifying the 1st phase. Candidates who are shortlisted have to appear in the next phase i.e. SBI PO 2017 main exam. This exam is comprised of five sections: English Language, General Awareness, Marketing and computers, Data analysis and interpretation, reasoning skills (High level), Descriptive test- The duration is 1 hour or 60 minutes English language test which is of 50 marks.
*Note-There is changing in the examination pattern of SBI PO main exam 2017 phase which is in duration and level of exam. The duration of the exam is changed to two hours for four sections consisting of 50 marks each.
In the preliminary section, we have shared the tips and planning strategies for the Quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning, and English language skill. These three will be same for the main exam also. Some of the question in this section are descriptive which means there is some question in which you have to give an explanation. Now let us discuss the remaining sections: General Awareness and computers.
General Awareness for SBI PO 2017
This section comprises of Banking Awareness, Financial Awareness, and Economic Awareness. In this section, questions will be based on banking related awareness. You just need to keep yourself updated with current affairs and knowledge of static GK that includes contains: Current Affairs of last 6 months, Topics related to finance and economics, History of Banking, Banking Terms, and Fiscal & Monetary Policies.
Computer Knowledge for SBI PO 2017
This section contains Computer Knowledge Questions related to basic knowledge about computer. This section is to check your operational ability on the computers. You need to clear this exam in order to fulfill the sectional cut off. The topics are Hardware, Software, MS Office, Keyboard Shortcuts, and the Internet.
TIPS AND PLANNING STRATEGIES FOR SSC PO 2017 MAIN EXAM
- To succeed in SBI PO 2017 you have to manage your time.
- Consistent effort will lead to towards the success path.
- Firstly you have to make a study plan, after your preliminary exam.
- Revise all the topic which you have learned for the prelims.
- After that cover those newly introduced topics in the main exam.
- Use previous-year-old question papers to analyze most repeated questions.
- After learning each new concept. Test yourself!!!
- Work on your accuracy and Speed.
- Your consistent hard word is needed. Do not let down drowsiness or laziness. Focus on your aim.
- Consider negative marking for each wrong answer in each section.
- You have to cover most of the question and score maximum marks.
Every year a huge number of candidates appear in this exam, so competition level is high. You have to work hard in order accomplish in SBI PO 2017 exam. Here in this post, we had provided you all the tips and planning strategies Regarding SBI PO 2017 exam. Hope we have satisfied your queries. Do not loose confident, to conquer this recruitment, you must have confidence.
All the Best!!